Reports to: Director of Juniper Refuge
Work Hours: 10 hours/week minimum
Anticipated Required Schedule: team meetings every Tuesday, 7-8:30p; scheduled routine check-in’s; programmatic commitment one hour per week; all other hours are flexible remote hours
Job Purpose & Goals:
We are looking for someone gifted in communication, encouragement, and details! This intern should be able to work with the leadership of Juniper Refuge to create, implement, and update the streamlined processes to support our volunteers. This coordinator will also be responsible for developing a means of sharing information and opportunities with volunteers and potential volunteers, so that our goal of cultivating community across the diverse cultures of refugees in Lincoln is achieved. This is a valued role, as volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization.
Since we are a grassroots, team-centric, non-profit organization, it is vital that we have team members with initiative, creativity, and the desire to collaborate on projects. We also desire someone with flexibility, since oftentimes our programs and activities need to be adjusted and molded to specific needs that arise.
• Corresponds with new volunteers for getting involved or learning more about our various programs
• Keeping schedules and records of volunteer work
• Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining an up-to-date database
• Attend and participate in New Volunteer Interest Meetings, Orientations, and trainings.
• Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about the organization and volunteer opportunities
• Using marketing tools such as outreach programs, e-mails, and volunteer databases
– Create and implement streamlined processes for sharing opportunities and information with volunteers and potential volunteers
– Provide resources, new and upcoming opportunities, and brief ministry updates for newsletters and social media
– Assist a volunteer tell his or her story, for our newsletter or social media platform as needed
• Assist in coordinating, scheduling, and planning training opportunities for volunteers
– Coordinate transportation for classes such as English and summer Yoga
– coordinate communication for trainings including printing, communication to volunteers, making volunteer packets
– Assist communication among the many volunteers serving in our Resettlement Program
• Provide ministry reports to Director and team at team meetings
• Support and attend Gatherings (on hold)
• Attend weekly team meetings as scheduled
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Understand the importance of volunteers
• Ability to work in Trello, MailChimp, Slack, and Google Drive programs
• Willingness to brainstorm, collaborate, and problem solve to overcome challenges that might arise
• Desire to serve in a supportive, team-based environment
• Desire to grow and thrive in a supportive, team-based environment
• Willingness establish and maintain effective working relationships with both JR staff and the Church community
• Initiative to communicate with volunteers, churches, and cross culturally with refugee participants
• Genuine interest in working for the benefit of refugees
Experience (preferred but not required):
• Involvement with the coordination or planning of a class, event, or program
• Cross cultural experience
• Fluency in Excel and MailChimp, or another communication platform
• Christ Centered: one who builds your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire.
• Team Oriented: loves being part of a team, able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better final product.
• Trustworthy: honest and considers confidentiality a priority
• Support Juniper Refuge’s mission statement, vision, core values, and policies.
At Juniper Refuge, we fully expect each team member to be actively engaged in following Jesus. We believe that if this commitment to Jesus is present, it will be evident in a team member’s personal life, relationships, and ministry. In working at Juniper Refuge, every team member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the organization’s beliefs and mission in their own life, both personally and professionally.