Reports to: Director of Juniper Refuge
Hours: 25 hrs/wk
Anticipated Schedule: team meetings every Tuesday, 7-8:30p; scheduled routine check-in’s; one weekly programmatic commitment; all other hours are flexible remote hours
Job Purpose & Goals:
We are looking for someone gifted in communication, encouragement, and details! This person should be able to work with the leadership of Juniper Refuge to create and implement needed systems, and update the infrastructure that supports our programs and volunteers. This manager will be responsible for ministry-wide communication and sharing information and opportunities with volunteers, so that our goal of cultivating community across the diverse cultures of refugees in Lincoln is achieved. This is a valued role as programs serve the platform through which volunteers serve, and they are the lifeblood of our organization.
Since we are a grassroots, team-centric, non-profit organization, it is vital that we have team members with initiative, creativity, and the desire to collaborate on projects. We also desire someone with flexibility, since oftentimes our programs and activities need to be adjusted and molded to specific needs that arise.
• Manages volunteer base: Maintains streamlined communication for sharing opportunities and information with volunteers and potential volunteers:
– Corresponds with new volunteers for getting involved or learning more about our various programs
– Keeps schedules and records of volunteer work
– Collects volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintains an organized and up-to-date database
– Uses marketing tools such as outreach programs, e-mails, and volunteer databases
– Conduct monthly New Volunteer Interest Meetings, providing information on how to volunteer with Juniper Refuge
– Conducts Juniper Refuge Orientation, and onboards new volunteer applicants
– Provides resources, new and upcoming opportunities, and brief ministry updates for newsletters and social media, including assisting volunteers to tell their stories for newsletters or social media
– Correspondence with volunteers regularly for upcoming training opportunities, provides encouragement, and check-ins
– Surveys volunteers routinely and at the close of their service
• Manages Programs: Coordinates classes and programs, accomplishing the logistics and communication for each:
– Coordinates transportation, scheduling, printing, and making packets for English, Summer Yoga, and Summer Gatherings
– Mentorship team set up: supports Director in coordinating initial team meetings and trainings for Driving and Mentorship including printing, communication to volunteers, making driving packets, and purchasing supplies.
– Assists Resettlement Coordinator in communication among the many volunteers serving in our Resettlement Program
• Attends weekly team meetings
• Provides reports to Director and ministry updates to team
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Understands the importance of volunteers
• Willingness to work/train in Trello, MailChimp, Slack, and Google Drive programs
• Ability to coordinate events and gatherings both on a team and in support of a teacher
• Willingness to brainstorm, collaborate, and problem-solve to overcome challenges
• Desire to serve in a supportive, team-based environment
• Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both JR team members, the Church community, and among refugees
• Initiative to communicate with volunteers, churches, and cross-culturally with refugee participants
• Genuine interest in working for the benefit of refugees
Experience (preferred but not required):
• Involvement with the coordination or planning of a class, event, or program
• Hosting in your home or another event – personal experience being a welcomer.
• Cross-cultural experience and basic intercultural competency
• Fluency in Excel and MailChimp, or another communication platform
• Christ Centered: one who builds your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire.
• Team Oriented: loves being part of a team, able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better final product.
• Trustworthy: honest and considers confidentiality a priority
• Support Juniper Refuge’s mission statement, vision, core values, and policies.
At Juniper Refuge, we fully expect each team member to be actively engaged in following Jesus. As Jesus’ love overflows in our lives, it motivates us to be open, transparent, and engaged in our relationships. We value trust and vulnerability, and share joys and difficulties together. In working at Juniper Refuge, every team member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the organization’s beliefs and mission in their own life, both personally and professionally.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org