Reports to: Director of Juniper Refuge
Work Hours: 15-20 hours/week
Commitment: 5 months (Jan-May / Aug-Dec) with $500 stipend
Anticipated Schedule: team meetings every Friday, 8-9am; scheduled monthly check-in’s; two hr/wk programmatic commitment; remaining hours are served M-F between 8-5pm
Job Purpose & Goals:
This intern should enjoy organization and details! We’re looking for someone who is able to track receipts, reconciling those in our database, keep our database up to date, and even implement an administrative system we might need so that we might provide better support for the ministry activities of Juniper Refuge. Since we are a grassroots, team-centric, non-profit organization, it is vital that we have team members with initiative, creativity, and the desire to collaborate on work projects. We also desire someone with flexibility, since often times our programs and activities need to be adjusted and molded to specific needs that arise.
- Responsible for the database and information kept, including:
- Track inventory in our storage unit, as donations are received and given
- Record, update, organize participant information, waivers, and other contracts within the database
- Communicate with program managers to ensure information and forms are up to date
- Keep ministry calendar up to date within Google and Trello, streamlining communication throughout the ministry
- Ensure new donors, volunteers, and newsletter tags are kept up to date in Mailchimp
- Serve as the Secretary for weekly team meetings
- Create accounts for non-profit status with companies we use for sales tax exemption
- Print materials for events
- Procure office or event supplies
- Work with Director and Managers to provide routine and annual programmatic reporting
- Assists with donor relations:
- Records donor contact, date of donation, date of thank you sent
- Writes thank you letters to donors
- Ensures donor information and tags are kept up to date in the database
- Records programmatic expenses
- Track expenses and income from each program, including recording and filing receipts.
- Creates budgets and reports for each program quarterly
- Initiates implementation of updates needed in our recording structure
- Supports the treasurer to provide annual year-end financial giving receipts to donors
- Serve a refugee individual, or in a ministry program
- Willingness to work/train in programs including Mailchimp, G Suite/Google, Slack, Trello and Excel
- Aptitude for organization and systems; sees the need for systems and has the initiative to implement or make changes
- Willingness to brainstorm, collaborate, and problem solve to overcome challenges that might arise
- Aptitude for observing, listening, and flexibility in order to promote success within the internal organizational functions
- Desire to grow and thrive in a supportive, team-based environment
- Willingness establish and maintain effective working relationships with both JR team members, volunteers, and the refugee community
Experience (preferred but not required):
- Experience working in Excel and Google Drives
- Christ Centered: One who builds your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire.
- Team Oriented: loves being part of a team, able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better final product.
- Trustworthy: honest and considers confidentiality a priority
- Support Juniper Refuge’s mission statement, core values, and policies.
At Juniper Refuge, we fully expect each team member to be actively engaged in following Jesus. As Jesus’ love overflows in our lives, it motivates us to be open, transparent, and engaged in our relationships. We value trust and vulnerability, and share joys and difficulties together. In working at Juniper Refuge, every team member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the organization’s beliefs and mission in their own life, both personally and professionally.