Reports to: Director of Juniper Refuge
Work Hours: (10 hours/week minimum)
Anticipated Schedule: team meetings every Tuesday, 7-8:30p; scheduled routine check-in’s; programmatic commitment one hour per week; all other hours are flexible remote hours
Job Purpose & Goals:
Admin interns should enjoy organization and details! We’re looking for someone who is able to create and implement any new administrative systems, as well as update our existing one as needed so that we might provide ongoing support for the ministry activities of Juniper Refuge. Since we are a grassroots, team-centric, non-profit organization, it is vital that we have team members with initiative, creativity, and the desire to collaborate on work projects. We also desire someone with flexibility, since often times our programs and activities need to be adjusted and molded to specific needs that arise.
- Update or create administrative systems needed to provide ongoing support for the activities of Juniper Refuge, its leadership, and volunteers, including:
- Tracking donation inventory in our storage unit, as donations are received and given
- Recording and organizing participant information, waivers, and other contracts within the database; when applications are received, filing and keeping those records
- communicating with program managers to ensure information and forms are up to date
- Keep ministry calendar up to date within Google and Trello, streamlining communication throughout the ministry
- Ensure donors, volunteers, and newsletter requests and tags are kept up to date in Mailchimp
- Takes notes at team meetings and provides details for those absent
- Donor relations such as mailing thank you notes and other mailings
- Create accounts for non-profit status with companies we use for sales tax exemption (Sam’s, Walmart, Dollar Store, Eagle Printing, Hy-Vee, etc.)
- Print materials for any events or gatherings, for volunteers & participants
- Work with Director and coordinators to provide routine and annual programmatic reporting
- Serve a refugee individual, or in a ministry program
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Willingness to work/train in programs including Mailchimp, G Suite/Google, Slack, Trello and Excel
- Aptitude for organization and systems; sees the need for systems and has the initiative to implement or make changes
- Willingness to brainstorm, collaborate, and problem solve to overcome challenges that might arise
- Aptitude for observing, listening, and watching in order to promote success within the internal organizational functions
- Desire to grow and thrive in a supportive, team-based environment
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both JR team members, volunteers, and the refugee community
Experience (preferred but not required):
- Experience working in Excel and Google – Drive, Folders, etc.
- Christ Centered: One who builds your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire.
- Team Oriented: loves being part of a team, able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better final product.
- Trustworthy: honest and considers confidentiality a priority
- Support Juniper Refuge’s mission statement, vision, core values, and policies.
At Juniper Refuge, we fully expect each team member to be actively engaged in following Jesus. As Jesus’ love overflows in our lives, it motivates us to be open, transparent, and engaged in our relationships. We value trust and vulnerability, and share joys and difficulties together. In working at Juniper Refuge, every team member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the organization’s beliefs and mission in their own life, both personally and professionally.