Reports to: Director of Juniper Refuge
Work Hours: 10 hours/week minimum
Anticipated Schedule: team meetings every Tuesday, 7-8:30p; scheduled routine check-in’s; programmatic commitment one hour per week; all other hours are flexible remote hours
Job Purpose & Goals:
We are looking for someone who is excited to share things that are happening and connecting seekers with opportunities to engage with refugees. Social media for us is not about making us look good, but helping people live purposefully among refugees. This person will share helpful resources, new and upcoming opportunities, and what the Bible says about refugees. They should be an effective and eloquent writer, quick to respond to questions, regularly engaged with our page, and creative. This person should be wise regarding the sensitivity around immigration, first offering a position of grace and love. Since we are a grassroots, team-centric, non-profit organization, it is vital that we have team members with initiative, creativity, and the desire to collaborate on work projects. We also desire someone with flexibility, since oftentimes our programs and activities need to be adjusted and molded to specific needs that arise.
• Reports to Director of Juniper Refuge
• Works with Graphic Designer and other social media interns
• Available for a minimum of 10 hours per week
• Manages social media page, Facebook page admin, including increasing visibility, sharing, etc.
• Researches local events, holidays of different local refugee populations, and other pertinent information
• Provides relevant, and quality photography for programs
• Attends weekly team meetings and social media touchpoints
• Works to support a refugee or ministry program weekly
• Willing to work/train in Facebook Business, Trello and Slack
• Writes creatively and efficiently, with gentleness
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Juniper Refuge team members with regular communication and collaboration
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships in the refugee community
Experience (preferred but not required):
• Sharing information through concise write-ups, stories, or posts on subjects pertaining to opportunities to serve, education, mental health, current events, global affairs, immigration, or vulnerable populations.
• Christ Centered: One who builds your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire.
• Team Oriented: loves being part of a team, able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better final product.
• Trustworthy: honest and considers confidentiality a priority
• Support Juniper Refuge’s mission statement, vision, core values, and policies.
At Juniper Refuge, we fully expect each team member to be actively engaged in following Jesus. As Jesus’ love overflows in our lives, it motivates us to be open, transparent, and engaged in our relationships. We value trust and vulnerability, and share joys and difficulties together. In working at Juniper Refuge, every team member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the organization’s beliefs and mission in their own life, both personally and professionally.